Take pictures or movies at fixed intervals.
You can stop the intervalometer by rotating the mode dial, by pressing
PLAY, or by turning off the camera.
- Duration between two shots.
- Start delay (up to 8 hours).
- Stop after X pictures.
- In movie mode only: duration of a movie clip.
- To avoid flicker, shoot in manual mode, use manual white balance, avoid short exposure times and use a manual lens (if you use an EF lens, lock the aperture and unscrew it).
- To make a timelapse without increasing shutter count, do not use the intervalometer; instead, set FPS override to a very low value (for example, 3fps) and start recording.
- When using the intervalometer in LiveView with
noisymode, your shutter will wear twice as fast than outside LiveView.
- If the intervalometer can't be stopped (it may happen in
crazymode), turn the camera off or open the card door.
- Adjust your auto-off setting to longer than your timelapse interval the camera will turn off before the second shot.
Power Saving: Edit
- When not in LiveView, press
INFOto turn the display off.
- In LiveView, ML will turn the display and the sensor off during idle times if you enable this option from
- While the intervalometer is running, the card led will blink once per second to let you know it's alive and kicking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.