Support the project!
Thanks to your help, we have covered all our funding needs for now.
Please consider donating to EFF for us, because they do a great job in defending your digital rights, including the right to run third party software on your own devices!
THIS IS DANGEROUS AND MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR CAMERA. NO WARRANTIES. NO GUARANTEES. DO NOT TAUNT. IF IT BREAKS, YOU GET TO KEEP BOTH PIECES.
Do not use this for production work: if you can't deal with a lost take or dropped frame or other problem, you shouldn't be running it!
Please review the FAQ. You have questions. It has answers.
- Very important: remove the battery after each test run. Sometimes the tasks are not properly shutdown when it enters power save mode, leading to the CPU to stay in a tight loop and run down your battery.
- Copy the magiclantern.fir file to the root directory on the CF card
- Select "Updated firmware" from the menu
- Camera reboots directly into LiveView mode
- You must reload the firmware after every powersave event or card removal
- Only works with Canon firmware version 1.1.0
- Audio meters only work while recording
- Only the external mic input is supported
- HDMI, USB and composite video output are disabled
- Zebras can
notbe disabled, threshold is notconfigurable, color can not be changed (fixed in 0.1.4)
- Canon's onscreen menus will not function correctly
- Picture Style button will bring up an event viewer and a gain menu (new in 0.1.4)
- Digital zoom works again (x5 lockup fixed)
- Button remapping is currently disabled
- ALC is disabled
- Digital gain defaults to +12 dB (adjustable via menu -- see ak4646 data sheet for details)
- Analog gain defaults to +10 dB (adjustable via menu)
- Windcut (highpass filter) is disabled
- Lowpass filter is enabled with default params
- EQ params are at the default settings
- Err70 bug has been fixed
- See download sources for GPLed software
- Please consider donating to support the project
THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE VERSION. Do not use it for production. There will be problems with it. It might destroy your camera. Please don't complain widely on the forums if something doesn't work -- we want to fix it. Please complain directly to me, hudson, so that things can get fixed!
Good luck! And don't forget to read the FAQ